Erstwhile Mezcal, Tepeztate-Tobalá Ensamble
Master Mezcalero: Juan Hernández Méndez
Agave Varietals: Tepeztate, Tobalá
Scientific Names: Agave marmorata; Agave potarorum
Town / Municipality: Santiago Matatlán
Fermentation: Natural, Open-Vat Fermentation in Wood
Still Type: Copper Alembic
Date of Distillation: December 2017
Number of Liters in Distillation: 585 Liters
Tasting Notes: A true blend of 50% Tepeztate and 50% Tobalá, our Tepeztate-Tobalá Ensamble is Tepeztate forward, our Tobalá’s bolder, sassier and slightly funky tomboy cousin.
A verdant, precise and clean combination of grass and rainwashed limestone on the nose. Pear, peppercorn and minerals on the tongue. Tempered by the smooth caramel notes of Tobalá.
**PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING**
- The estimated shipping time for alcohol orders is 3-15 business days depending on how close you are to the San Diego, CA area. Orders will be fulfilled and shipped within 2-5 business days after the order is placed, unless one of the conditions below applies.
- Unfortunately, we cannot deliver to any PO Box addresses or the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. You will not be able to complete your purchase if you are in one of those states. If you complete an alcohol purchase with a PO Box address, you will be contacted to give us a different address to ship to.
- Orders delivered to Mississippi will ONLY ship out on Mondays, which could mean delays in our typical 5-9 day delivery time.
- Someone 21 years of age or older MUST be available to sign for any alcohol orders. Packages containing alcohol will not be left on doorsteps and delivery will be attempted 3 times total. We strongly recommend ordering to your place of work or a local FedEx location if you are typically not home throughout the day.
- We DO NOT offer refunds if your alcohol order is returned to us. We feel that 3 attempted deliveries is ample opportunity to take delivery. We are charged an additional $20 for all returned packages that are not delivered after 3 attempts and another $20 if we want to attempt delivery again, so we can not offer refunds on account of this unless you are willing to pay the extra $40 worth of charges. We will of course offer refunds or replacements for any products that are damaged or below satisfaction.